Popular Posts

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Calveley County Primary School


What I originally wrote about attending my primary school in rural Cheshire not long after WWII was meant to be kept as a typed page within a traditional folder.

I am now conscious that, given the power of the Internet, its dissemination may be offensive to current teachers and pupils.

Let me make it clear, I took no great harm there and the school served me very well. I still hold it in great affection.

My recall of my time at the school 1949-1955 should not be taken as a slight on the modern school. Anyhow, everything has changed.

They have a great website at: http://www.calveleyschool.co.uk/

This is what they stand for:

OUR COMMITTMENT

We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care

OUR VISION

"Making A Valuable Contribution To Children's Lives"

Children learn in a stimulating, creative atmosphere.
Children are happy and excited to enjoy the buzz of school life.
Children are nurtured and encouraged in a purposeful, caring environment

OUR SCHOOL

"Our school is an amazing place to learn. All the teachers are lovely and very kind and all the children are funny and very warming to new comers.

We have a great big playground with a tennis court or it can be used as a football pitch.

We have recently had our food company changed from Food for Thought to Clever Cat and it has made some very good improvements.

The infants have got their own playground which they use nearly all the time as well.

Personally my favourite lessons are literacy, P.E and art. I love literacy because I am very fond of writing stories and art is a nice relaxing subject.

I like P.E because we do it twice in one week. On Mondays we have a sports teacher that comes in and then on the other days our teacher does it with us. I hope you enjoy looking at our website."

From Lizzy Brunt, Pupil

No comments:

Post a Comment