Popular Posts

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Picking through the leaves in the South Seas

KIWI FOSSICKING

I sit at the bottom of the world, eyes strained.
Internet browsing, surveying the scene
Between my books and my fly-spotted screen -
Online - intermittently attuned.

The convenience of the South Seas!
Remoteness and its objectivity
Are of advantage to me:
The earth’s voice is open to my inspection.

My fingers are tapping on the key board.
It took years of separation
To steady my gaze, looking out abroad:
Now I hold the world in my hands.

Or let it loose to turn again slowly -
I read as I please because it is all mine.
There is no grasping in my gaze -
Only distanced curiosity.

A new at oneness of life
Directs my searches, guides my fantasies
There are no restraints on my fancies
No arguments contest my rights.

The Bay is below me.
Nothing has changed since I began.
My thoughts have permitted no change.
I am going to keep things like this.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment