Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Keith Johnson's Australasian Bestiary - the Blue Heeler


PATRICK THE BLUE HEELER CATTLE DOG

 

Bright he bounds through opened door

He’s my mate of that I’m sure -

Flashing a toothy smile for me

He sniffs my strides inquisitively.

 

A pat, he shakes a coarse grey paw -

A bowl and soon he asks for more.

Tell me Patrick ‘How’d you be?’

Watch the sofa mate it ain’t a tree.

 

Soon he’s scouting out the floor -

And at the bin for something raw.

Hold on a mo mate, can’t you see

That’s no place to cock and pee.

 

Sam you had better take your saw

You should have done so long before -

Don’t let your bloody dog make free

He’s itching now against my knee.

 

Back in the truck and close the door.

This audience is ended mate - no more.

He’s got the chops I bought for tea

And there’s a wet patch on my new settee.

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment