Popular Posts

Monday, August 5, 2013

Things was different when I was a lad


PLENTY OF CHATEAU DE CHASSELAS AT SAINSBURYS NOWADAYS

If the North of England is poor, it puts a very good face on it. In fact all the areas that we saw seemed to be in the grip of an Affluenza Epidemic [with the notable exception of Blackpool though even here there is a lot of money going through the gaming machines].

This rather undermines my ploy with my boys that:

‘We was so poor as underpants was a luxury and mi dad used to whitewash us bottoms along wi’ shippons in t’Back End’.

Anyhow, for them [assuming that I’m not going to be around forever], I’ll post the promo video of the Leisure Village near Silverdale / Carnforth where we stayed for a week, living the life of Riley.



 
And, as a corrective, some reflections from my Northern Contemporaries:



In the cause of serious balancing [shedding further light on Blackpool’s problems] see:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment